This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Crashplan is blocked

I am trying to use crashplan web restore, but astaro is blocking it. When I look at the firewall log, it says that packets are being dropped with the source ip my computer behind the router (192.168.2.107) and the destination ip port 4285 of the ip address for central.crashplan.com. The firewall log says that "fwrule = 60002." is blocking it.

I have tried to use firewall rules and DNAT rules for this port, but to no avail.

What should I do?

UncleAeflrich
Los Angeles, CA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi ,

60002 us the default block rule.
    You need to put the rule that open this port on top and check.

All my best.
    Gilipeled

Gil Peled.

CEO- Expert2IT LTD.

SOPHOS Platinum Partner.

Gil@expert2it.co.Il.

• Hi, UncleAelfrich, and welcome to the User BB!

If you still have a problem after Gilipeled's suggestion, please post the line from the Firewall log file.  Also, please state the exact version of the software - 9.111-7?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • My case is something different.

My crashplan is working only if I select "No Scan" for https.
    I choose "Web URL filtering only", added Exception regex for crashplan.com. But all are not working.

I'm still checking logs what caused the blocking.

Thanks
  • Also, if I choose 216.17.8/24 for skip ssl scan, this is also work.

Instead of disable entire SSL scan, I just put above net to skip list.
  • What skip list did you put that in? Crash plan is blocked for me since upgrading last week and scanning https traffic.

Thanks

Also, if I choose 216.17.8/24 for skip ssl scan, this is also work.

Instead of disable entire SSL scan, I just put above net to skip list.
  • Also adding 162.222.40.0/21 to the skip list did the trick for me.
  • What skip list are you referring to?  I can only get crash plan to work if I disable web filtering all together which isn't much of a solution.  I've tried exceptions list but that doesn't seem to help.  It looks like your listing crashplans ip ranges but I can't figure out where I would put that.

Thanks!
  • 1) In UTM add a DNS Group entry for central.crashplan.com (should return 11 ip).

2) In CrashPlan open the Destinations section and the "cloud" tab, click crashplan central and look at the value in "Internet Address" .. note this down.

3) In UTM Create a DNS Host with the name you noted in the step before. (You dont need the port part ":443"). - If the value was an IP Address create a host entry instead.

4) IN the UTM now create a group Network Group and drop the previously created entries into it.

5) In Web Filtering -> Filtering Options -> Misc Tab, drop the new group you created into the Skip transparent mode destination hosts/nets and save.

Should now be working.

One thing to note however, Crashplan assigns a unique GID to each machine and the location found in step 2 can be different for each machine. (Once assigned it doesnt change) so if you use multiple machines to your central cloud then you may well have different IP addresses. (Crashplan uses a distributed datacentre environment).

If this is the case just add that extra address as another host in the group and it will maintain that way.

Hope this helps
  • This worked for me, thanks so much!

1) In UTM add a DNS Group entry for central.crashplan.com (should return 11 ip).

2) In CrashPlan open the Destinations section and the "cloud" tab, click crashplan central and look at the value in "Internet Address" .. note this down.

3) In UTM Create a DNS Host with the name you noted in the step before. (You dont need the port part ":443"). - If the value was an IP Address create a host entry instead.

4) IN the UTM now create a group Network Group and drop the previously created entries into it.

5) In Web Filtering -> Filtering Options -> Misc Tab, drop the new group you created into the Skip transparent mode destination hosts/nets and save.

Should now be working.

One thing to note however, Crashplan assigns a unique GID to each machine and the location found in step 2 can be different for each machine. (Once assigned it doesnt change) so if you use multiple machines to your central cloud then you may well have different IP addresses. (Crashplan uses a distributed datacentre environment).

If this is the case just add that extra address as another host in the group and it will maintain that way.

Hope this helps
  • 1) In UTM add a DNS Group entry for central.crashplan.com (should return 11 ip).

Should now be working.

Hope this helps

Wow, thank you so much Recalluk..This fix CrashPlan for me as well, Talk about jumping threw hoops to get something working though[:(]

I am new to Sophos and just going through the learning pains the this wonderful software. Do you know how to fix NetFlix not working on all my Android devices without having to bypass the entire device to get it working? If I put the Android device into the "Skip transparent mode source hosts/nets" then NetFlix works but I don't want the entire device to Skip transparent mode if possible.

Thanks again.