Error when attempting to any program.

Hi,

Using Sandboxie 5.30 64 bit version on Windows 10 build 18362.  Unable to run any installation program sandboxed.  Running Norton Security and Malwarebytes (3.83), both updated to lastest version.

Sandbox > Default Box > Run Sandboxed > Any Program (then browse to any downloaded program)

Attached screen capture

Happens in new sandbox with default settings.  Happens whether or not I run as administrator. Programs will install without Sandboxie. This error only occurs when attempting to run via Sandboxie.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Hi Scott,

That message appears when a third party program/setting is in place, such as applocker, parental controls, anything that may be preventing apps from launching without permission.

Suggestions:
    1 - If you are using applocker, disable it. If that works, try adding Anonymous Logon to your applocker rules.
    2 - Add exclusions for Sandboxie to your AV protection (if that doesn't do it, remove the AVs one at a time, re-test. Once you find out which one is causing the issue, re-install it and see if there are any other settings you may need to disable or options to whitelist).

3- Since you are on Windows 10, I recommend to install the latest beta, as it corrects a permissions issue introduced with Sandboxie 5.30, which prevents downloads/file modifications to occur in the Sandbox:
    SBIE BETA VERSIONS

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.