Sandboxie 5.30.0 and 5.31 test versions can not delete Internet explorer 11 "History" and "Cookie"

1 - Sandboxie 5.30,Sandboxie 5.31.1 Sandboxie 5.31.2 Windows 10 x64 bit 1809 Windows 10 x32 bit 1809 Windows 10 x32 bit 1903 Windows 10 x64 bit 1903
2 - internet explorer 11
3 - Microsoft Windows Defender ON
4 - sandbox with default settings
5 - Sandboxie 5.30.0 and 5.31 test versions, "Delete saved content" - "Delete Sandboxie", can not delete Internet explorer 11 "History" and "Cookie", All versions prior to Sandboxie 5.28.0 are normal!

Parents
  • Hi li wang,

I cannot reproduce this behavior.
    Please provide the exact repro steps so I can give it another try. 

Thank you!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• This reply was deleted.
  • Hi li wang,

I followed the steps on the last sentence (as I wasn't sure about the rest since once you delete contents, your programs are closed), and I am not seeing any problems. 

This is my exact setup:

Windows 10 1809 x64 + Sbie 5.31.2 + IE 11 
    In a new Sandbox with default settings, launched IE and logged in to login.live.com 
    At this point, once logged in, I right-clicked on the Sandbox I am running IE in  --> Delete contents
    (This closes IE)
    Then, I relaunched IE in the Sandboxed, visited login.live.com again, and my credentials were not remembered.

Please, provide more information as I am not able to reproduce the behavior. I've asked in the other posts that you share your Sandboxie settings, this could help me find any differences. 

Also, are you positive the settings are not coming from a non-sandboxed version of IE? (meaning, if you are running both at the same time, Sandboxie will read the files/cookies from the host when you relaunch the program). 

Thank you!

Barb@Sophos

• Hi li wang,

I followed the steps on the last sentence (as I wasn't sure about the rest since once you delete contents, your programs are closed), and I am not seeing any problems. 

This is my exact setup:

Windows 10 1809 x64 + Sbie 5.31.2 + IE 11 
    In a new Sandbox with default settings, launched IE and logged in to login.live.com 
    At this point, once logged in, I right-clicked on the Sandbox I am running IE in  --> Delete contents
    (This closes IE)
    Then, I relaunched IE in the Sandboxed, visited login.live.com again, and my credentials were not remembered.

Please, provide more information as I am not able to reproduce the behavior. I've asked in the other posts that you share your Sandboxie settings, this could help me find any differences. 

Also, are you positive the settings are not coming from a non-sandboxed version of IE? (meaning, if you are running both at the same time, Sandboxie will read the files/cookies from the host when you relaunch the program). 

Thank you!

Barb@Sophos

Children