click the "Open in new tab ' option becomes "Open in new window" option

1 - Sandboxie 5.30,Windows 10 x64 bit 1809 Windows 10 x32 bit 1809 Windows 10 x32 bit 1903 Windows 10 x64 bit 1903
2 - internet explorer 11
3 - Microsoft Windows Defender ON
4 - sandbox with default settings
5 - Open the web link, there is no "Open in new tab" option, only the "Open in new window" option, click the "Open in new tab ' option becomes "Open in new window" option

Parents
  • Hi there,

This is a known issue, related to DDE and Windows 10 version 1809 (prior versions, such as 1803 will not show this behavior)
    No workaround at this time, other than dragging the url to the top of your browser (which should open a new tab), or switching to a different browser.

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• There are even more problems with the 5.30 and the Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7 x64), even if it is started outside the sandbox!

Inside and outside Sandboxie: The charts of the signals on mql5.com are no longer displayed.
    Example: www.mql5.com/.../489744

Inside Sandboxie: After logging in to mql5.com, a middle click on a link successfully opens a new tab, but you are no longer logged in to that tab. This problem does not exist if Internet Explorer was started in "InPrivate" mode.

So I'm back to 5.28 and all problems with Internet Explorer 11 are gone.

I use Pale Moon, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It all depends on the page. Pale Moon for news sites without videos, Firefox for sites with videos or for certain news sites and Internet Explorer for sites where no addons should be active or where the performance is better than with Firefox.

I don't like and don't use chromium based browsers.

Windows 7 x64 with all updates • Sandboxie 5.31.6 x64 • Browser (each with its own sandbox, cleared on exit): Firefox 70 x64, Internet Explorer 11, Pale Moon 26.5.0 x86 • Eset Internet Security 13

• There are even more problems with the 5.30 and the Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 7 x64), even if it is started outside the sandbox!

Inside and outside Sandboxie: The charts of the signals on mql5.com are no longer displayed.
    Example: www.mql5.com/.../489744

Inside Sandboxie: After logging in to mql5.com, a middle click on a link successfully opens a new tab, but you are no longer logged in to that tab. This problem does not exist if Internet Explorer was started in "InPrivate" mode.

So I'm back to 5.28 and all problems with Internet Explorer 11 are gone.

I use Pale Moon, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It all depends on the page. Pale Moon for news sites without videos, Firefox for sites with videos or for certain news sites and Internet Explorer for sites where no addons should be active or where the performance is better than with Firefox.

I don't like and don't use chromium based browsers.

Windows 7 x64 with all updates • Sandboxie 5.31.6 x64 • Browser (each with its own sandbox, cleared on exit): Firefox 70 x64, Internet Explorer 11, Pale Moon 26.5.0 x86 • Eset Internet Security 13

Children
No Data