Default Browser

I recently made Sophos my default browser but when I open Chrome it's still showing my previous default browser. Can anyone tell me why it's not showing or loading? Thank you in advance for your help and support.

• Hi  

Please confirm the Sophos product you are using on your machine.

Could you please provide answers to below-mentioned questions:

1. Name of the last default browser.

2. How chrome gets opened? Through someone provided a link for any website?

• In reply to Jasmin:

1)-My default browser was duckduckgo (default

and current search engine is duckduckgo).

2)- Chrome is opened with my home page; .

My reason for asking this question is in the Sophos Settings (web filtering) Sophos Mobile security is listed in the Browsers so I selected it as my default but Chrome settings still show duckduckgo as being default, so it's what I'm not understanding clearly. Thank you

• In reply to Sarecee22:

Hi  

Sorry, but I am getting confused here. Sophos provides a browser which comes with Sophos Secure Workspace.

I am assuming here that when you say chrome has different settings, it means Google chrome browser has duckduckgo as a default Search engine which is obvious as Sophos can't be set as a search engine for Google chrome.

In Sophos Mobile Security, protected browsers are mentioned under the Web filtering settings which shows that below-mentioned browsers are protected through the web filtering.

Please let me know where I am incorrect in my understanding and if possible also provide the screenshot of your web filtering settings.

• In reply to Jasmin:

I'm sorry for the late reply but I was trying to send you a screenshot of my Android settings-All Apps-Default Apps- Sophos Intercept X For Mobile is selected as my Default Browser. Apparently I'm not able to add a screenshot because I've tried, which would make what I'm saying easier to understand. It's not an issue for me, I was a little confused by it because I wasn't aware of the Sophos Browser. Please correct me if  I'm wrong but I'm assuming that it's my browser by default because the Web Filtering is ON. I would like to know if there is a way I can send you a screenshot because I haven't found a solution so far.                                         

Though it says Default Browser is Sophos, my home page/start page still opens with

Duckduckgo in Chrome (this is what's confusing for me). Thank you for your help Jasmin.

• In reply to Sarecee22:

Hi  

Sophos Intercept X for Mobile in the default application can be selected but it is useful when you have link checker setup in the Sophos Intercept X for mobile. Sophos Intercept X for Mobile is actually not a browser but when you have any link in the SMS or any photos, etc, these will go through the Intercept X for Mobile for malware check. 

Duckduckgo is an engine which will be in place with Google browser when you'll open it. It is normal behaviour even if Intercept X for mobile is set to the default browser.