This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Retirement calendar for Sophos Endpoint & Server products, Management Consoles and PureMessage

Hi Everyone,

The below article provides information on the retirement of Sophos management consoles, Endpoint & Server products and PureMessage. We recommend that you use the latest versions of all products in order to benefit from the best available protection.

Retirement calendar for Sophos Endpoint & Server products, Management Consoles and PureMessage

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Everyone,

I'd have expected some up-to-the-minute news. Not sure what has been updated yesterday. SEC 5.4.1 is still listed with the retirement date 31 October 2018 instead of a more eye-catching Retired (31 October 2018). Similarly SAV for Windows 10.6 (though SEC and Endpoint behave differently).
    It's also not obvious why 10.7 is considered 10.8's progenitor and not 10.6's descendant. 10.7 is somewhat in-between: OT1H it was needed for EXP/Clean, OTOH 10.7.2 is the final development of 10.6, still available with the Extended XP/2003 Support but with a definitive retirement date slightly over one year ahead. But I'm probably nit-picky.

Christian

• Hello Everyone,

I'd have expected some up-to-the-minute news. Not sure what has been updated yesterday. SEC 5.4.1 is still listed with the retirement date 31 October 2018 instead of a more eye-catching Retired (31 October 2018). Similarly SAV for Windows 10.6 (though SEC and Endpoint behave differently).
    It's also not obvious why 10.7 is considered 10.8's progenitor and not 10.6's descendant. 10.7 is somewhat in-between: OT1H it was needed for EXP/Clean, OTOH 10.7.2 is the final development of 10.6, still available with the Extended XP/2003 Support but with a definitive retirement date slightly over one year ahead. But I'm probably nit-picky.

Christian

Children