Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SPX Encryption on Internal Users

Hi!

I've been testing SPX encryption and would like to confirm if its a normal process of SEA SPX.. 

Test1: send encrypted mail to Gmail -> set password -> view email -> pdf attach -> view pdf  = (successful)

Test2: send encypted mail from abc.com to abc.com (internal mail)  = NO Encyption happened

Please advise..

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Does your internal email pass through the email appliance?

If not (I would expect it not to) then no encryption will be applied.

• Hi Martin,

That's my goal actually, make the internal users pass through SEA.  Can you suggest anything, how am i going to configure this on exchange 2010?

Thanks!

• As far as I'm aware it won't be possible as the SEA is a gateway device.

For internal email we use PureMessage 

• "As far as I'm aware it won't be possible as the SEA is a gateway device."

That is correct it is not possible to encrypt internal > internal mail, internally as far as I am aware puremssage does not support SPX. 

Normally exchange would identify the message as internal and simply drop it in the recipients box.

The exception would be if you are using a cloud provider and internal mail is been routed out to the cloud and then back.    In that case the appliance as the gateway device would work..

But..  I would not recommend routing internal mail to the cloud / internet and back in under any circumstance.