This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Interpret Scan Registry

How i can see how many virus have in my computer in the log of Antivirus?

I can see the archive SAV.log, but i can't identify what mean error, cuarentine and treat.

I  believe error mean virus but i don't know.

Can you help me? 

:42181

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Luis_Betancourt,

first of all - whoever provided you with Sophos should also give you some instructions how to work with it. As a site decides how this product can be used there's no general "beginners guide" for end users (I assume you belong to this group). Furthermore, in a managed environment central administration receives the relevant alerts and can deal with most issues.

If a threat (meaning some program or file with likely "malicious intentions") it is either "cleaned up" or put on the Quarantine manager's (QM) list - the alert will notify you about this and give you the option to go to the QM by clicking on the message. Please see the Help on how to use it.

An error does not mean virus - there are several kinds of errors and they denote that something hasn't worked a desired (e.g. a document could not be scanned because it is password protected) but only the ones like cleanup failed are in conjunction with a threat.

Christian

:42193
  • Hi dear Christian!

Thank you for your replay. Now i have a question, Can end user see how many virus have in the computer or only Administrator can see that information?

also i have another question, how can i pick out into the error not virus cleaned or in Quarantine?

I'm waiting for your comments.

Thank you!

regards,

:43149
  • You can control what users see and do in the application by controlling the group they are in.  For more information see:

For your second question this may help you:

Hope that helps.

:43175

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.