This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sohpos 9.15.1 memory usage. Is there way to control how many daemons are running?

I'm running Sophos for Linux free - standalone on a Slackware64 14.2 system.  I'm wonder if there is a way to control the number of daemons running?  At this time Sophos is using in excess of 648M of memory.  I read an article for 9.0.1 which indicated that some control of the number of daemons might be a feature of 9.3.  But SAV for Linux has changed a lot since then, unfortunately including the removal of a gui console and web console.   Any change the localhost:8081 might come back some day?  Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm quite pleased with Sophos for Linux.  It is too bad someone doesn't develop a small set of bash scripts in a single interface to call CLI commands for status (enabled services), view today's log, perform an on-demand scan (with selection of file or directory).  I'm not a programmer, but have created a single bash script that will create a Symantec VIP 2FA number, display it for 30 seconds and then autoclose.  Anyway it would be a nice set of simple queries in a small app to install and use with the standalone version of Sophos.   Thanks again.