This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sohpos 9.15.1 memory usage. Is there way to control how many daemons are running?

I'm running Sophos for Linux free - standalone on a Slackware64 14.2 system.  I'm wonder if there is a way to control the number of daemons running?  At this time Sophos is using in excess of 648M of memory.  I read an article for 9.0.1 which indicated that some control of the number of daemons might be a feature of 9.3.  But SAV for Linux has changed a lot since then, unfortunately including the removal of a gui console and web console.   Any change the localhost:8081 might come back some day?  Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm afraid the WebUI won't be returning.

You can configure the number of savscands that are running using savconfig:

# /opt/sophos-av/bin/savconfig set Processes 1

There should only be three Sophos processes running presistently on a free installation - 1 savd controlling 2 savscand. So I'm not sure what processes you are seeing. But each savscand is ~350 MiB, so the amount of memory sounds about correct.

• I'm afraid the WebUI won't be returning.

You can configure the number of savscands that are running using savconfig:

# /opt/sophos-av/bin/savconfig set Processes 1

There should only be three Sophos processes running presistently on a free installation - 1 savd controlling 2 savscand. So I'm not sure what processes you are seeing. But each savscand is ~350 MiB, so the amount of memory sounds about correct.

Children