This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POA is not working - Lenovo E560 - Windows 7

I have Lenovo 560 Windows 7 I am testing on. I did install safeguard and uninstall via all directions from Sophos. I am doing another install with same file. I first logged on to the  Safegaurd Logon and made sure I had the most updated policy and it was checking in with the server. I did a restarted bc I wanted to get back to safeguard Logon screen, I tried to use the POA acct we created but it is not working(Failed Logon reported. Please wait). Whether I select to pass through windows or not does not make a difference. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Shawton,

Verify that you are entering the correct username and password this will prevent users from performing a brute force attack and every time when a wrong credential is entered, the waiting time will be extended. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• POA login FINALLY worked! I did not change any setting  Now I do not understand why if I select(and unselect) to Pass through logon to windows it still takes to windows logins asking for UN,PW,Domain...No matter what It takes me to the login in screen. I thought by checking pass thru windows , POA would bypass windows and go directly to desktop.

Thank you,

• Hi Shawton,

Once logged into the machine, in the notification area (Right bottom corner) look for Safeguard icon, right click the Safeguard icon and select Status. Check for the SGN user state as shown in the screenshot. 

Also, log into the Safeguard Management Console, and under the Policies > Specific Machine Settings > Credential Provider Settings > Credential Provider Wrapping and check if it is empty.

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Shawton,

Once logged into the machine, in the notification area (Right bottom corner) look for Safeguard icon, right click the Safeguard icon and select Status. Check for the SGN user state as shown in the screenshot. 

Also, log into the Safeguard Management Console, and under the Policies > Specific Machine Settings > Credential Provider Settings > Credential Provider Wrapping and check if it is empty.

Haridoss Sreenivasan

Children