This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Define a custom policy like a default policy

Hi,

I need to define a custom policy that I created like a default policy that has to be applied to all end users. How I can do thi?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Sandy, 

Are you trying to create a policy and apply that to the end users instead of Default policies?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Sreenivasan,

I need to defini this new policy like to default policy that have to be applied to all users in automatically way.

• I'm not too sure I understand the question completely, but do you want to apply a policy at the root level so that it applies to ALL containers/users beyond?

If so -

1 - You select the root of your domain/workgroup on the left

2 - Drag in the policy (or policy group) you have selected into the main window

3 - Automatically the policy will also include Authenticated Users AND Authenticated Computers

4 - Remove Authenticated Computers so this policy applies to ALL users (and not computers)

5 - You may want to check no override to make sure no other conflicting policies cancel this one out.

6 - Use the RSOP tab to then test what policies will be applied to each user. Populate the user field with a computer name and click

I hope this helps?

• Yes. I mean that if I assign like Available Groups the "Authenticated Computers" and "Authenticated Users", this policy will be assign to all domain in automatically way without any necessary group assignment.

Thanks

Reply Children