This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Drive Encryption

Hi,

We are testing the Device Encryption in our network, we are facing some issue

we are enabling the device encryption in a system and after encryption, we remove the HDD from this system connect to another computer to check it works or not

that time we are entering the recovery key which is available by Sophos central but this key is showing this key is incorrect.

anyone have the idea of unlock the drive

Thanks 

Ganesh Rathore 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Ganesh,

On the machine with the SGN client installed and your 'slave drive' hooked up, right-click the SGN icon and click Status. If it has more than 1 data packets or shows no policy information that'd be where to start as your communication is failing. If it shows policy information, log into your SGN console, find the BOOT key for the system you are looking for and apply it to your logged in user.

SGN console -> users and computers -> (your user) -> key tab -> right click in empty space and 'Find'. In the find window, 'Keys', search for the name of hte machine, and double click the resulting key to add to the user. Then click Save. Back on the machine with the SGN client installed, right click -> Synchronize.

That should get you going unless I am misunderstanding something.

Alexander

• Hi  

Any updates on this? Are you still having trouble with the C/R?

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi,

Still, our issue is not resolved I also create a case for this Case ID is [#8087524] 

Thanks & regards

Ganesh Rathore 

Thanks & Regards

Ganesh Singh Rathore

Contact No. +919530179379            

Email: ganesh.rathore@vglgroup.com     

Reply Children