This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Synchronized Encryption SGN 8.0.0

Hi all,

I'm trying integrated AD with SafeGuard. I used Application-based File Encryption (synchronized encryption). I see SafeGuard apply policy for each OU in AD.

But with sync-encryption all of OU in AD will use only root-synchronized-key to encrypt. So, how to use each key for each OU in AD to encrypt?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

If this is the desired setup, you have to install Location Based Encryption (FileShare, CloudStorage, DataExchange) and create encryption rules for the keys location-based. Eg.\\Server1\documents with a document key, \\File\media with a media key and so on. Let me know if this helps resolve your query. 

Haridoss Sreenivasan
    Technical Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Hari,

Thanks for your reply,

I know Location-based encryption can do that. So, with Application-based Encryption I can't select key use to encrypt for each OU?

Eg: OU1 is sale, OU2 is technical. Users in sale encrypt pdf file, users in technical can still read this file. This is a happen.

- XG v17 Technician Certificate -

• You can't segregate out different sets of users or computers with different Synchronized keys. Everyone is stuck with the same Root key.

Edit: as of today using 8.0.x this is the case.

Reply Children
No Data