This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wifi disappears when RED is offline for a short periode

Hi all,

I've a Sophos SG115 and a RED15 (in Standard/Unified-mode). Behind the RED is a AP55 connected to the LAN. I configured a simple wireless network with WPA2/AES bridged to the AP LAN. For the LAN behind the RED I've also setup a DHCP-Server.

Everything works fine, but when the RED goes offline for a 2-4 minutes, the wifi also disappears (the AP blinks amber). This is annoying because in the wifi are a few clients which need permanent access to the local (RED) LAN.

Could this behavior be changed in a way, that the wireless network work for a longer time (~30 min) if the connection to the controller is lost.

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Josef,

What happens if you change the configuration to Standard/Split?  If you want their Internet traffic to pass through the UTM, just add "Internet IPv4" to 'Split Networks'.  I think that's the way it works, but please post back with your result.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Josef,

What happens if you change the configuration to Standard/Split?  If you want their Internet traffic to pass through the UTM, just add "Internet IPv4" to 'Split Networks'.  I think that's the way it works, but please post back with your result.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data