This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP55/55C both use same 2.4ghz channel

I thought I would try the AP55 and the AP55c on the same UTM to see what would happen. I thought there was a question in this forum about the AP55c, but I can't find it.

Anyway, after some stuffing around the 5ghz APs are on different channels 36 and 100.

Both APs 2.4ghz are on channel 6.

Why would this be an issue, because the APs are within 2 metres of each other.

Your thoughts, bug or feature?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Since this is in your home, Ian, I would use inSSIDer to see the best channels to use and fix them instead of letting them be set automatically.  I just don't trust the auto feature on 2.4GHz.

Why have them so close together?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

I have them close because I was experimenting with the AP55c to see what would happen if I brought the older device on line. Also I thought I had seen a question in the forum about the AP55c, but turns out it was about the AP50.

If I bring up the XG with an AP55 attached it immediately goes to a different channel on 2.4ghz.

So, as you suggest manual intervention is required.

XG115W - v20.0.1 MR-1 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Bob,

I have them close because I was experimenting with the AP55c to see what would happen if I brought the older device on line. Also I thought I had seen a question in the forum about the AP55c, but turns out it was about the AP50.

If I bring up the XG with an AP55 attached it immediately goes to a different channel on 2.4ghz.

So, as you suggest manual intervention is required.

XG115W - v20.0.1 MR-1 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
No Data