This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP55c - took it apart to see what is wrong with it?

My AP55c has been giving issues on the 5ghz band, so I decided to take it apart.

Yes, I checked it is out of warranty.

I found all these strange marks on the PCB that look like water stains. They could also be solder fume residue. There is a liquid on the heatsinks between the chips and the fixed pads, looks like some form of oil.

There appears to be corrosion around some of the joints. I can only think if they are water stains that they are condensation points. At times around here the humidity hits 80% inside, but why only the AP55c which sits on a stand in the middle of the room and why only the 5ghz channel is affected? Anyway it looks like I am up for a replacement whuch more than likely will be an AP55.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Ian, what's the serial number mate?  I've got an AP55c here as well, it's a fairly new acquisition for me, but I'll be happy to bust it open and check what it looks like as a comparison.  Any chance you can get fairly clear close up pictures and post them for us to see please?

==

When in doubt, Script it out.

• Hi,

thank you for responding.

Serial number is a4002f8cf8af908

Photos to come.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Reply Children
No Data