This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AP50 and AP100 expected throughput

Hey guys,
I know this topic has come up several times, but usually it's related to firmware or something similar. I just want to know what's "normal" for AP50/AP100 throughput.

Negotiated speed shown in UTM web interface is 866Mbit. Currently max test ed speed I'm getting on an AP100 is ~75 Mbits/sec. Same for AP50's. This is tested with iperf. Over my Gbit connection with the same iperf setup I get 975+ Mbits/sec.

All AP's are running through gigabit ethernet, showing as 1000 full duplex on the switches. They are bridged to their own VLAN with no throttling that I'm aware of.

Maybe I'm missing some type of config on the switch ports? Jumbo frames? MTU settings? idk, grasping at straws trying to figure out why I can't even get close to the "866 mbit" speed.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Ian,
    Thanks for the reply and info. Yep, I actually do have my AP50's set on the 40Mhz channel width and running an exclusive 5Ghz SSID.

If you take a look at the included image. The negotiated speed is 270Mbps. It shows this in the network info on my PC and in the AP info on the UTM.

The actual throughput is only 91Mbps.

When you say "300Mbps" is that a measured speed, or is that based off of specs for the device?

--------------------
    Private: 1 Mini ITX (EMB-CV1), Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual Core CPU, 8GB RAM, UTM 9.3 Home License, AP100
    Business: 2 UTM320 in HA (Active/Passive), Full Guard, 7 AP50's, 1 AP100

• Hi Joel,
    mine do show at 300mb/s on the UTM and I have got way better then 90mb/s throughput. I will try again and report back.

Ian M

Currently copying a 66gb folder between mac mini and mac book pro. UTM shows mac book pro connected at 300mb/s. The throughput shown by the mac book pro is between 19.0MB/s and 26.5MB/s which works out around 200mb/s. Given the overheads of wifi I doubt you would get the 300mb/s as actual data throughput.
  • Hi Joel,
    mine do show at 300mb/s on the UTM and I have got way better then 90mb/s throughput. I will try again and report back.

Ian M

Currently copying a 66gb folder between mac mini and mac book pro. UTM shows mac book pro connected at 300mb/s. The throughput shown by the mac book pro is between 19.0MB/s and 26.5MB/s which works out around 200mb/s. Given the overheads of wifi I doubt you would get the 300mb/s as actual data throughput.
Children
No Data