This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

software appliance with WLAN

Hello Guys,

i saw that there will be SGs released with onboard wlan SG105w - SG135w. 

Does some one know if it will be possible to get also integrated wlan working on software appliances?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Yesterday I inserted a new Compex WLE200NX PCIe card (Atheros AR9280) into my Home-UTM and it showed up in WebAdmin automatically.  No udev rule was necessary. Cool!

I have no antennas and pigtails yet, though so I was unable to get a signal. Hopefully they arrive this week.

Also I was unable to get it in a useful configuration (bridge local AP to internal LAN, eth0  wlan0). It was possible to configure that bridge but it didn't work as expected. And also there's a bug in 9.3x: You cannot unconfigure a bridge, had to restore a config backup.
  • Yesterday I inserted a new Compex WLE200NX PCIe card (Atheros AR9280) into my Home-UTM and it showed up in WebAdmin automatically.  No udev rule was necessary. Cool!

I have no antennas and pigtails yet, though so I was unable to get a signal. Hopefully they arrive this week.

Also I was unable to get it in a useful configuration (bridge local AP to internal LAN, eth0  wlan0). It was possible to configure that bridge but it didn't work as expected. And also there's a bug in 9.3x: You cannot unconfigure a bridge, had to restore a config backup.
Children
No Data