This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

software appliance with WLAN

Hello Guys,

i saw that there will be SGs released with onboard wlan SG105w - SG135w. 

Does some one know if it will be possible to get also integrated wlan working on software appliances?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I think it's possible, but probably some work. You need a version officially supporting those 'w' appliance models, otherwise it cannot work. At least UTM v9.300 does.

* You need an Atheros PCI card supported by ath9k or ath10k driver, USB will not work (UTM only has these drivers)
    [* You need to somehow modify the MAC address to the SOPHOS range (00-1A-8C-XX-XX-XX). That must happen before setitfhw.plx is run at boot, I think a custom udev rule can do that.] See below, that may not be necessary.

Then, after a reboot it should be detected by UTM and possible to configure.
  • I think it's possible, but probably some work. You need a version officially supporting those 'w' appliance models, otherwise it cannot work. At least UTM v9.300 does.

* You need an Atheros PCI card supported by ath9k or ath10k driver, USB will not work (UTM only has these drivers)
    [* You need to somehow modify the MAC address to the SOPHOS range (00-1A-8C-XX-XX-XX). That must happen before setitfhw.plx is run at boot, I think a custom udev rule can do that.] See below, that may not be necessary.

Then, after a reboot it should be detected by UTM and possible to configure.
Children
No Data