This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reflashing AP30 with Engenius Firmware

Hi there,

half a year ago i've bought an AP30 for my Astaro Home Licence. I'll no longer use my astaro in future. It is possible to flash AP30 with Engenius EAP9550 firmware to use it with an normal router ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Benzin,

I don't know if you can. The specific case design used by Sophos for the AP30 corresponds to close to six different models of AP Engenius offers. Engenius may also be OEMing the AP30's in which case these may be custom units, not rebranded.

[EDIT: EnGenius is a subsidary of Senao Networks Inc., which would be the OEM for the EAP series.
  • Im running into the issue that im not able to get connection to webinterface of AP30. Astaro is offering a flashtool for bricked devices via direkt networkconnection (but only with Astaro firmware) otherwise im not able to get new firmware to the AP30 without reachable webinterface [:(]

anyone ideas ?

The AP30 was not cheap....
  • Im running into the issue that im not able to get connection to webinterface of AP30. Astaro is offering a flashtool for bricked devices via direkt networkconnection (but only with Astaro firmware) otherwise im not able to get new firmware to the AP30 without reachable webinterface [:(]

anyone ideas ?

The AP30 was not cheap....
Children
  • The AP30 does not have a separate web interface as it's designed to be managed through a UTM device. Only way I can think of to reflash it, if you know exactly what Engenius firmware goes into it, is either an Engenius/Senao tool or through the JTAG connection (if it's exposed on the board)