This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reflashing bricked APs (AP10/30/50)

In case you've got a bricked AP10/30/50 here is new tool to reflash them from Windows.

WARNING:

•  This is an experimental tool and should only be used as a last resort if an AP is really bricked (a firmware update failed).
  •  If you're unsure if your AP is bricked don't use it.
  •  The AP configuration will be reset, hence, after a fw update you need to re-register the AP with the ASG.
  •  The AP will reflash itself once connected to the ASG again.

If only the power and wifi LED is constantly on for about 30 seconds and the power LED doesn't start to blink after some time the AP is most likely in a bad state and might need to be reflashed.

An updated version can be found here:
http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/118843.aspx

Helmut

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I got a used AP30, too (ebay).

But, unfortunately, it doesn't work. The UTM doesn't recognize it at all. So I read this discussion and tried to flash it with the tool for bricked accesspoints linked in this thread.

I tried it on different Windows Computers and switched the firewall off, but I always got the message "Flash aborted" and that it is impossible to change the ethernet settings on the nic.

Setting the fixed IP 192.168.99.8/24 produces the same error. On my AP30 the power- and the wifi-led are constantly on. The lan-led isn't flashing at all.

How can I recognize that the ap30 is in flashing mode? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I hope anyone could help me.

Thank you.

Kaeufi82

• I would exercise the right to return the item - the tool should have no trouble with an AP 10 or AP 30.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I would exercise the right to return the item - the tool should have no trouble with an AP 10 or AP 30.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data