This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AP55 Firmware

I have a sophos AP55 that doesn't seems to be responding. It doesn't receive an IP from the UTM appliance. When it starts up the status led is green and stays solid.

Is there a tool available to flash the firmware? I see a tool available but the AP 55 is not supported.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Unfortunately there is not a flashing tool available yet for the AP55 (one is in the making though, no release date yet).
    If this was a previously working AP and nothing has changed, please contact support@sophos.com to raise an RMA.

If this is a brand new AP, please ensure there is a route back to the UTM on the magic IP 1.2.3.4.
    A bit more info on this can be found here www.sophos.com/.../119131.aspx
  • This reply was deleted.
  • Hi Robin,

Thanks a lot! worked for me.

One thing i found trange.. Below the output of my tftpboot. Here you see the AP is asking for AP55.uImage  i copieed it form my utm and renamed it to uImage_AP55.

ath> tftpboot

Speed is 1000T

dup 1 speed 1000

Using eth0 device

TFTP from server 192.168.99.8; our IP address is 192.168.99.9

Filename 'uImage_AP55'.

Load address: 0x81000000

Afther i loaded it on the AP you see the size was different from you example, but i guest this was because you used the AP100 image.

Bytes transferred = 7131890 (6cd2f2 hex)

So after i followd your steps, loaded the image (cp.b 0x81000000 0x9f070000 0x6cd2f2) and run boot, i get the follow error message; Bad Magic Number..

After this i tried the AP100 image, and this one worked.. the only thing now is that my UTM sees the AP as a AP100 instead of a AP55..

Thanks for you instruction, it helpt me a lot!

cheers,

Jacky

• Hi Jacky,

i've encountered the same problem as you, with an brand new AP55. After finishing all steps of Robins how-to I got the "bad magic number" error. I've solved this issue by using Robins size at the cp.b command. After that my Access Point works great again with the AP55 firmware.

• Hi Stefan,

I also got the same problem "bad magic number" after the first try with the correct size on AP55.

So I tried it with the size from Robin as you described - no success.

Then I copied the AP100 firmware to the AP55 with the name of the expected AP55 firmware and with the shown size from current session.

It works. But I did not want a AP55 shown as AP100 in my config as described from Jacky.

So I repeated all the steps now with the correct AP55 firmware and the correct size again and now it works.

Thank you all!

• Hi Stefan,

I also got the same problem "bad magic number" after the first try with the correct size on AP55.

So I tried it with the size from Robin as you described - no success.

Then I copied the AP100 firmware to the AP55 with the name of the expected AP55 firmware and with the shown size from current session.

It works. But I did not want a AP55 shown as AP100 in my config as described from Jacky.

So I repeated all the steps now with the correct AP55 firmware and the correct size again and now it works.

Thank you all!

Children
No Data