This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wireless clients cannot communicate if connected to different APs

Hello

I have some APs connected to my SG230. The Wi-Fi network is configured as "Bridge to AP lan". It happens a strange behaviour:

- If client A and client B are connected to the same access point, they can communicate each other, they are pingable.

- If client A and client B are connected to different access points, they cannot communicate, they are no ping visible.

- If client C is connected to wired connection, it can ping both client A and client B.

The issue is not dependent on AP model...

any ideas?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Can you post screenshots of your Wireless Protection setup?

Is each client connecting to the same SSID? Do you have a guest network and internal network set up or is it all just one single connection?

Are these even Sophos APs, or third-party ones?

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• hello,

they are connected to the same SSID, these are the settings:

Client Traffic: Bridge to AP LAN

Frequency band: 2.4 and 5 GHz

Client isolation: Disabled

Hide SSID NO

U-APSD: Disabled

Fast Transition: Disabled

MAC Filtering type: None

Thanks

• Ciao,

I bet if you look in the firewall log, you will see blocks.  Try a rule like 'Internal (Network) -> Any -> Internal (Network) : Allow'.  Fortunato?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob!

No, sfortunato Slight smile

I see no packets dropped in firewall log. Why do you think the issue could be caused by a rule? Client A and Clent be are connected to the same WiFi network, their IP addresses don't change when they are connected to different AP...

• Hi Bob!

No, sfortunato Slight smile

I see no packets dropped in firewall log. Why do you think the issue could be caused by a rule? Client A and Clent be are connected to the same WiFi network, their IP addresses don't change when they are connected to different AP...

Children
  • It was a guess, but if there are no dropped packets, then, you're right, a firewall rule wouldn't be a workaround.

What about the wireless and IPS logs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA