This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is my AP-10 finally bricked?

I have a second AP-10 since many years in a remote location of my house which is only used when I need it there.

Last time when it was powered up and apparently got a new firmware there was a power failure and the AP did not answer any more. Last time I had to reflash an AP-10 is more than 6 years ago and I could not find the used flashing tool.

The old tool is no longer available in this forum and the new tool (https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000039314?language=en_US) is for AP-15 and newer. It didn't work for me.

So I searched this forum and found the way to get the firmware from the UTM (/etc/wireless/firmware/AP10.uimage) and set up a tftp-server to flash the AP.

So the AP did what was expected. It flashed the firmware, rebooted and searched for the DHCP-Server. When I swapped the network cable to the internal network the AP was identified and configured by the UTM. Everthing seems to be OK.

When I brought it to the original location it did not boot. So I repeated the procedure and did a power cycle. Same result. The firmware works perfect but does not survive a loss of power.

Has anyone seen this before? What can I do to make the flashed firmware non volatile?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Can someone help me with the old flashing tool for AP10/30/50 ?

I serched my files and folders but could not find that tool. I kept all the CDs from Astaro ASG 1.8.0 up to now but the tool disappeared.

cu
    Walter

• Can someone help me with the old flashing tool for AP10/30/50 ?

I serched my files and folders but could not find that tool. I kept all the CDs from Astaro ASG 1.8.0 up to now but the tool disappeared.

cu
    Walter

Children
No Data