This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Non Linux Devices properly connect to Guest_WLAN but Linux won't...

WLan in general works properly...

Guest WLan works properly for Windows Laptops, MacOS and a variety of Mobiles...

But Linux won't connect...

UTM 9.604-2 --> RED 15 --> AP 15

...anybody else facing this general problem...???

Cheers,

UN...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Ulrich and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please show the lines from the Wireless Protection log when this Linux device fails to connect.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Fun Fact:

* Since last Up2Date upgrade to 9.605-1 I am unable to reproduce...

Will come back if things are getting worse again...

Cheers...

• Only wonder....are (or were) you probably using non Standard MTU on some if the eth, redx, wlanx or other interfaces?

Just had another customer who (for whatever reason) had set his internal interfaces to MTU 1400. After update to 9.605 some before working services as ftp or citrix broke. Switching MTU back to 1500 (default) resolved issue...

I have no clue, what might have changed to 9.605 (besides of the TCP SACK Panic fixes in .604 or .605)...however...in his case the issue was MTU related and started to make troubles after 9.605 update.

Only a quick and unscientific guess...

• Just doublechecked, MTU 1500 everywhere, can't seem to remember having fiddled with it anyway... :thinking: ...

• Hi UN

A unscientific guess...

I personally also use some linux devices which usually runs on older Laptops. Probably you have there older AGN wireless cards as Intel 4965 or similar built in. If yes - you probably also might have enabled fast transition on the AP's, which won't work with those old WIFI cards (also don't if running Windows on those devices btw.)

If fast transistion is enabled on your AP's, give it a shot with that feature disabled.

/Sascha