This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setup different web filter profiles for different networks.

I need some advice about how to setup different (and more secure) web filter profiles based on my network. 

I currently have a LAN with about 30 PC's + servers + printers on a 192.168.0.xx subnet and its plugged into eth0 on my SG135w UTM 9 (DHCP for the LAN is supplied by my Active Directory Domain)

I also have a WiFi network on a 192.168.10.xx subnet which is plugged into eth2 on the appliance (the WiFi access is supplied by a separate wifi system, but the appliance does supply IP address for everyone on the WiFi subnet. 

Eth1 is the WAN port for the network. 

I am trying to make sure there is no routing between the two subnets, which is my first problem. 

Secondly the SG135w is in my Active Directory domain and I want to enable AD authentication for the LAN PC's and to stop using transparent mode. But I don't want it to effect the WiFi (at least not yet) But I am not sure how to have one network using Standard Mode and one network using Transparent Mode, I can see that I can create different profiles but how do I setup the "Default Web Filter Profile" so other profiles can be used for the different networks? 

Cheers....

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • In line with Michael's post, Derrick, you might consult Configuring HTTP/S proxy access with AD SSO.  You also might be interested in a document I maintain that I make available to members of the UTM Community, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests."  If you would like me to send you this document, PM me your email address. I also maintain a version auf Deutsch initially translated by fellow member hallowach when he and I did a major revision in 2013.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • In line with Michael's post, Derrick, you might consult Configuring HTTP/S proxy access with AD SSO.  You also might be interested in a document I maintain that I make available to members of the UTM Community, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests."  If you would like me to send you this document, PM me your email address. I also maintain a version auf Deutsch initially translated by fellow member hallowach when he and I did a major revision in 2013.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data