This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Block HTTP(S) Traffic Over Non-Standard Ports

I've been using the UTM Home Edition for some months now. I would like to keep people in my home from being able to bypass the Content Filtering by redirecting HTTP(S) traffic to a proxy through a non-standard port. Currently using HTTPS scanning in Transparent Mode.

While searching for the answer I stumbled upon a page on Untangle's site that explains a feature in their "IC Control" product called "Anonymous Proxy Guard". The article explains that:

"If IC Control recognizes that HTTP traffic is trying to use port 5000, the traffic is considered unauthorized and knows that someone has sent a web request to a non standard port, thus bypassing the filter. IC Control blocks the traffic, and sends a Blocked Website message back to the user. The user message also includes the port that the traffic was attempting to access." - https://support.untangle.com/hc/en-us/articles/201220926-Unauthorized-HTTP-S-Traffic-Blocked-on-Port

Does Sophos have a similar feature? If not what is the best way to accomplish this considering I have many ports open for various services (FTP, SSH, Steam, Google Talk, Skype, Chrome Remote Desktop, etc..)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.