This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transport endpoint is not connected

Hello All

Every day I get an error message

httpproxy[2979]: id="0003" severity="info" sys="SecureWeb" sub="http" request="0x127495d8" function="read_winbindd_response" file="auth_adir.c" line="218" message="epoll_read_until(events:0x2005): Transport endpoint is not connected"

Proxy is not working.

anyone had this problem?

thank you very much

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, voloviv, and welcome to the User BB.

Try deleting your UTM from the Active Directory, and then rejoining from the UTM. After that, reboot. Any luck with that?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Please always remember to state the exact version - 9.111–7?

Sorry for any short responses.  Posted from my iPhone.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I just got the same issue on 9.213-4.

Fixed it the same way.
  • We may have resolved this by doing the following:

1. In active directory delete the Sophos computer account

2. On the Sophos go to the SSO tab and put in invalid credentials. This will force the Sophos to unjoin. Click a different tab and go back to verify. - Note make sure your AD account didn't get locked out or you will fail the next step. 

3. Rejoin the Sophos to the domain. Verify the AD computer object called Sophos is there.

4. If you disabled logging, turn it back on. Verify you don't see function="read_winbindd_response" file="auth_adir.c" line="239" message="epoll_read_until: Transport endpoint is not connected"

5. Users will need to reboot or log off and log back in.

So far so good. Were not seeing the error messages now but it's only been 45 minutes. Users were seeing slow internet connectivity and proxy popups. If we used transparent mode with no authentication on a test group of users everything worked fine, it only affected proxy with authentication.