This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HTTPS Proxy Java Update fails

Hi,

we do have the webfilter https proxy enabled. and our clients wont get any java updates. 
When I clieck on Java Update, the Certficate shows up (CA is our UTM, Owner is oracle.com) so I click yes accept the certificate and nothing happens. 

I added akamaitechnologies, java, oracle and sun as DNS-Group to the webfilter->advanced-> transparent mode exceptions and I disabled all Cert Checks for this 3 hosts as well. I dont get any information in the webfilter-logs. So I guess that oracle doesnt accept our selfsigned cert.

Any idea?

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Did you check to be sure your additions to the transparent mode skips are working?  Do these accesses appear in the Web Filtering log?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi,

guess they are working, cause those for Microsoft are. No they dont appear in the log. 

BTW I do have the same problem with Firefox Updates. I made an exception group for Blocking EXE Files and Antivir Scanning for Firefox Updates, but cant update my firefox. Firefox says it is up to date but the browser in my lab is version 14... And this is not up to date [;)]

So: 
    - Windows Updates works
    - Java and Mozilla wont [:(]

I've honestly no idea what to do...
  • Hi,

good news. Java Updates work now. 

Adding javadl-esd-secure.oracle.com to the transparent exception did it! Just oracle.com was not enough. 
    I thought that DNS-Group for oracle.com means every subdomain from oracle.com !?

So hands on firefox now [;)]
  • Hi,

good news. Java Updates work now. 

Adding javadl-esd-secure.oracle.com to the transparent exception did it! Just oracle.com was not enough. 
    I thought that DNS-Group for oracle.com means every subdomain from oracle.com !?

So hands on firefox now [;)]
Children