This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Update

hello. We have UTM 9.004. Clients pc's can't download windows updates from Microsoft, unless they are added in the "Skip transparent mode source hosts/nets" list. otherwise an error appears. the same with wsus server. it must be also added in the same list in order to synchronize. I am sending the web proxy log, when a client pc tries to download updates from Microsoft.
Any ideas are welcome. The built-in "Microsoft Windows Update" exception rule is active.
Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • for me it worked to add the address "157.55.240.222" under the microsoft windows update-exception under "web protection > web filtering > tab "Exceptions"".

also make sure to make it bypass "SSL scanning / Certificate Trust Check / Certificate Date Check",
    or at least the "Trust Check"(not sure if this works, or you need all 3 stated above).

to be honest, I added a bunch, but all my windows 8 services work properly now(windows update, store, and a few others)
  • for me it worked to add the address "157.55.240.222" under the microsoft windows update-exception under "web protection > web filtering > tab "Exceptions"".

also make sure to make it bypass "SSL scanning / Certificate Trust Check / Certificate Date Check",
    or at least the "Trust Check"(not sure if this works, or you need all 3 stated above).

to be honest, I added a bunch, but all my windows 8 services work properly now(windows update, store, and a few others)
Children
No Data