This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uncategorized URL handling

Hello:

Possibly because we are in Canada, but a large percentage of acceptable sites are "Uncategorized".

Allowing uncategorized sites is not an option as **** seems to find a way.

The users are getting frustrated having to unblock the sites each time they use them. I would prefer not having to manually categorized them and then enter them as an exception.

1. Is there a way to make the unblock "sticky"?

or 

2. an automatic or semiautomatic request to have them catagorized?

I would even be happy with a button that would allow the user to either email the URL to me or add it to a list that I could review and copy into an exception list.

I find the user actually appreciate this and want to participate in the process. It just seems there are no tools that help them (and me) do this.

Tom

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Scorpionking, if I understand that form correctly, I take it that one selects "Sophos UTM" unless one is using Endpoint with Web Control, in which case, "Sophos Endpoint Security and Control" should be selected.  Is that how you've used it?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Yes, Bob, it's the SmartFilter XL if going to the McAfee site.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Scorpionking, if I understand that form correctly, I take it that one selects "Sophos UTM" unless one is using Endpoint with Web Control, in which case, "Sophos Endpoint Security and Control" should be selected.  Is that how you've used it?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Yes, Bob, it's the SmartFilter XL if going to the McAfee site.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data