This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Security Performance Issues

I've got multiple clients on ASG120 and ASG220 Appliances that once Web Security is Enabled the Web Surfing slows down to a crawl.  I upgraded a client from a 256k T1 to a 8Mbps Broadband Cable connection and they didn't see any improvement on Internet Speeds.  If I disable the Web Security, the Internet Speeds are blazing.  I've tried disabling AV Scanning and Caching which seems to help, but it still isn't that great.

Could there be something missing or is this just something 8.201?

My Config is as follows.

Web Security Enabled - Transparent Mode - Authentication is None.
URL Filtering is Allow by Default - Block Spyware Communication
We then have certain categories set to block

I have this same setup at other except for the Authentication being set at Agent.

Any suggestions would be helpful. It is definitely Web Security slow it down as when it is off the Internet is fast.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Wow, that really is slow and isn't at all what I'm seeing.

This sounds like it might be a DNS configuration problem. Try a google on: site:astaro.org DNS Best Practice

If that doesn't solve your problem, please show a few lines from the Web Filtering log with these slow accesses.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Wow, that really is slow and isn't at all what I'm seeing.

This sounds like it might be a DNS configuration problem. Try a google on: site:astaro.org DNS Best Practice

If that doesn't solve your problem, please show a few lines from the Web Filtering log with these slow accesses.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data