This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Security Performance Issues

I've got multiple clients on ASG120 and ASG220 Appliances that once Web Security is Enabled the Web Surfing slows down to a crawl.  I upgraded a client from a 256k T1 to a 8Mbps Broadband Cable connection and they didn't see any improvement on Internet Speeds.  If I disable the Web Security, the Internet Speeds are blazing.  I've tried disabling AV Scanning and Caching which seems to help, but it still isn't that great.

Could there be something missing or is this just something 8.201?

My Config is as follows.

Web Security Enabled - Transparent Mode - Authentication is None.
URL Filtering is Allow by Default - Block Spyware Communication
We then have certain categories set to block

I have this same setup at other except for the Authentication being set at Agent.

Any suggestions would be helpful. It is definitely Web Security slow it down as when it is off the Internet is fast.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • ok I tested with Disabling the URL Filter, Caching, AV, Etc.. I just went down the list.

The reason they think it is slow is that a webpage takes about 30 seconds to a minute and sometimes the site just doesn't open.  Testing the same site without Web Security everything opens instantly.  Reviewing the logs the Sites have the Username is listed and the site is listed as Pass.  It is like the Web Security just forgets what to do with it after approving it.

With Web Security Disabled all Web Pages open very fast on the 50Mbps connection.  I enabled the Local Content Filter Database and it also didn't make a difference.  I've been running into this problem more and more after the 8.2 release.
  • ok I tested with Disabling the URL Filter, Caching, AV, Etc.. I just went down the list.

The reason they think it is slow is that a webpage takes about 30 seconds to a minute and sometimes the site just doesn't open.  Testing the same site without Web Security everything opens instantly.  Reviewing the logs the Sites have the Username is listed and the site is listed as Pass.  It is like the Web Security just forgets what to do with it after approving it.

With Web Security Disabled all Web Pages open very fast on the 50Mbps connection.  I enabled the Local Content Filter Database and it also didn't make a difference.  I've been running into this problem more and more after the 8.2 release.
Children
No Data