This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

block http web proxy

hello everyone..
im an i.t assistant in a company and im new to astaro..
i just wanna know how to block proxy servers so that employees within the company cannot use or connect to the internet(edit: i mean cannot freely surf everything in the internet)..
i know how to block a specific site, but proxy servers, i just cant..

i already disabled the internet options in our a.d but it seems that it only affects ie...some of the employees are clever enough to use portable browsers such as firefox..and they can bypass and surf any website they want..

can you please help me?thanks

-laurence

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This has been true for all versions of Astaro.  Beginning in V7.4, you can select 'Scan HTTPS (SSL) Traffic', and the Transparent mode will control that traffic, too.  That requires a significant amount of effort on the part of the Astaro admin, though - I didn't think ihazpower wanted to start down that road until he has more experience with Astaro.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • This has been true for all versions of Astaro.  Beginning in V7.4, you can select 'Scan HTTPS (SSL) Traffic', and the Transparent mode will control that traffic, too.  That requires a significant amount of effort on the part of the Astaro admin, though - I didn't think ihazpower wanted to start down that road until he has more experience with Astaro.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data