This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Changing the IP used on outbound proxy traffic

Hi,
I've just moved over to BT Infinity for Business as my ISP.

To use BT Infinity, you have to use their VDSL modem.  They supply a router, but you can use other routers if you choose to.  To get Astaro to work, you have to connect to the BT network using PPPOE and you get allocated a DHCP address which is fine.

You can also have static IP addresses allocated and this is where my question starts.

I've added the additional IP addresses as additional addresses on the ethernet adaptor that connects to BT.  So my external interface has a DHCP address and my additional six static IP addresses.  These IP addresses are visible to the internet as e-mail flows in and out, and VPN works as expected.

However, when I use the Web Filtering, all web traffic goes out onto the internet using the DHCP allocated IP address.  How can I change this so that is uses one of the static IP addresses?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If you have added an additional address to the external interface you have to go to:

NetworkSecurity -> NAT -> Maquerading -> Edit the masquerading rule for your external interface

Then chance "Use address: " to your new additional address.

Then it should work.

Viele Grüße

Peter
  • If you have added an additional address to the external interface you have to go to:

NetworkSecurity -> NAT -> Maquerading -> Edit the masquerading rule for your external interface

Then chance "Use address: " to your new additional address.

Then it should work.

Viele Grüße

Peter
Children
  • Thanks for the reply Peter.

I've already set the masquerading rule up.

If I turn off Web Filtering under Web Security, then all web traffic leaves via the masqueraded address.  If Web Filtering is on, then is uses the DHCP address allocated by BT.

Any other ideas/suggestions would be most welcome.