This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Update fails due to Cert. time error (ASG HTTPS Proxy problem?)

I have been tearing my hair out recently (since 7.4). My clients all fail when manually directed at Windows or Microsoft update. The error that comes back on all of them (I've looked at all of the XP and Win2k ones anyway) is "Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update certificate."

My client dates and times are definitely in-sync with the rest of the world. I operate an SNTP server here, which syncs with the our national NTP pool. All clients are set to "GMT" time zone with Summertime switched on.

Yet.... Every time I point a machine at windows update, I get Error Number 0x80072F8F.

I have my Astaro set-up as an HTTP/HTTPS Proxy and have installed the Astaro Proxy CA certificate as a Trusted Root certification Authority in all client machines. The date and time on the ASG are also set to synchronise from the National NTP Pool, so that time is also accurate.

So Why-oh-Why is the Bl**dy Microsoft update request failing?

Has anyone else seen this or similar problems and has anyone solved it/them?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JB

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data