This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Eset Nod32 Virus database update error

When I am using http proxy in trasparent mode to filter content Nod32 is unable to update the virus database.  I have eset.com in the exception list for Authentication / Antivirus / Extension blocking / URL Filter / Content Removal.

The only way I have gotten it to work is to put the computers in the Transparent mode skiplist for a couple of hours so the virus database can update and the remove them from the skiplist. During that time the systems are not filtered.  Does anybody know a solution for this?

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • after checking the executive report, I have identified eset as a top attacker, it seems like the astaro for an unknown reason blocked incoming traffic from eset's update servers, the Intrusion Prevention is the one that blocked updates, even if you define an exception in the websecurity area, it will not update.  I had to add my computer IP to skip Intrusion Protection / Anti-Portscan / Anti-DoS/Flooding TCP / Anti-DoS/Flooding UCP / Anti-DoS/Flooding ICMP for update to work, not really a good thing to do as it will make me more vulnerable to attacks, but this was the reason for this block.
  • after checking the executive report, I have identified eset as a top attacker, it seems like the astaro for an unknown reason blocked incoming traffic from eset's update servers, the Intrusion Prevention is the one that blocked updates, even if you define an exception in the websecurity area, it will not update.  I had to add my computer IP to skip Intrusion Protection / Anti-Portscan / Anti-DoS/Flooding TCP / Anti-DoS/Flooding UCP / Anti-DoS/Flooding ICMP for update to work, not really a good thing to do as it will make me more vulnerable to attacks, but this was the reason for this block.
Children
No Data