This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM Web filtering and Active Directory users help needed.

Hi Sophos Community,

I am fairly new to the UTM line, but I have been tasked with trying to Web Filtering so that only a specific group of Active Directory users have unrestricted web access, and the remaining AD users have a specific blacklist applied to them.

I have the AD intergrations for the UTM itself already in place. Just running into issues getting the task at hand to work when setting up the web filtering. Not even sure if what I am trying to do is possible on the UTM.

If any one here can assist, that would be great. The normal support route with Sophos has not been fruitful unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Ryan and welcome to the UTM Community!

Sophos Support is break/fix, but you have a configuration question, so they won't be able to help you - they should have referred you to Sophos' consulting services.

I would use a Profile in Standard mode for the "open" group and have the default profile in Transparent mode for all of the others.  You might be interested in a document I maintain that I make available to members of the UTM Community, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests."  If you would like me to send you this document, send me your email address via private message here.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Ryan and welcome to the UTM Community!

Sophos Support is break/fix, but you have a configuration question, so they won't be able to help you - they should have referred you to Sophos' consulting services.

I would use a Profile in Standard mode for the "open" group and have the default profile in Transparent mode for all of the others.  You might be interested in a document I maintain that I make available to members of the UTM Community, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests."  If you would like me to send you this document, send me your email address via private message here.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data