This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UltraSurf Chrome Extension

Hi to the whole community!

I´m Daniel Celestino from Argentina. I´m IT administrator of SG 330 versión 9.705.

I Just want to share a simple Solution that worked for me. 

In my scenario, I work for an institution that has more than 2000 recruits for become a Police. We have 100/150 pc users joined to a domain but, we have a lot of students and users that have tablets non-joined. Also, Mobile Phones and personal Notebooks.

So, I get a whole list of the CDIR of all possible ultrasurf proxies use and put them into a group:

Then, I created a static route and select as network, the group created and gateway, any ip (in the following example, I choose a Sophos AP) but you can create a host with a false ip:

Done! When you want to connect, Ultrasurf will try to use this gateway and it never get it to destination:

I share this solution because I could not found any other without using HTTPS inspection. I´m using Transparent mode and HTTP only. Also, App control only block the ultrasurf app, not the chrome extension. And, all the threads are too old.

Hope it helps. Here is the file with all the IPs I could found (the red one is most used by ultrasurf):

webfiltering.xlsx

Regards,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hola Daniel and welcome to the UTM Community!

Your first post is an answer to a question - bien jugado!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hola Daniel and welcome to the UTM Community!

Your first post is an answer to a question - bien jugado!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data