This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Proxy content filtering database?

Hi.

Just got this answer from support:.

Q. there are 3 DB configures –local mem, local disk and none. What is Sophos recommendation?
A. --> Local Disk

Far as I know, the default are "None".

Anyone can clarify this point?

Thanks.

Goldy.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Depends on your Proxy size. As you can store certain results on the Disk or mem to save lookup time (to the internet), this can consume performance and speed. If your UTM is doing multiple tasks at the same time, the disk / mem can be filled up, so this option can bring a bottleneck. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Hi LuCar and thanks.
    I'm running the UTM in a Soft release, on a Dell R610, 16 GB Ram (normally 25-30 %),  2 SSD 150 GB in raid 1 (13% full), 1GB WAN,
    (about 50,000 concurrent connections).
    Mem or Disk, still have lots of room.
    BTW - i'm not talking ofcourse about the DNS cache Slight smile.

• Feel free to expand this into the RAM/Disk. It will cache the results of the content categorization. So your UTM does not have to multiple request the same domain.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________