This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1. Blocking traffic to an IP range on the Internet & 2. Force traffic to a specific webserver to use only one of our two WAN connections

Hi, I have a Cisco ASA background and find it hard to fully understand the UTM firewall.

For a subnet I want to block all traffic to a specific IP range on internet.
The firewall rules I created do absolutely nothing, as I understand this is because we use Web protection.

But in web protection I can block traffic only based on domain or regular expression. How do I block all traffic to an IP range on internet for a specific VLAN on my network?

Second question, we have 2 internet connections connected to the UTM with load balancing enabled. There is a website that only works on one of the internet connections. How can I force traffic for the website to use that specific interface?

Thanks in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • For your first question can you tell us whether you are using transparent proxy or standard proxy?

For your second question you can set that up under Interfaces and routing -> Interfaces -> Multipath rules.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• For your first question can you tell us whether you are using transparent proxy or standard proxy?

For your second question you can set that up under Interfaces and routing -> Interfaces -> Multipath rules.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children