This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you keep the same IP when remoting into network?

OK, so we have some software on the network that licences users by IP address. When a laptop is taken out of the office and uses a remote connection to dial in (either by using a RED or by Sophos SSL VPN client) they are obviously assigned a different address based on the pool assigned to that remote connection.

This requires two licences for the same laptop because it connects to the software server using two different IP's.

Is there a way to assign them the same IP as they get from inside the building without creating fundamental networking issues. Maybe spoofing the IP?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Have you discussed options with your vendor?   License by static IP iis very odd.  It is too easy to defeat and too cumbersome for most environments where DHCP is normal or laptops are mobile.

But given that this is their model, they may consider your efforts to border on piracy.

• Thanks again for the replies.

I'm ok with the licencing issues, the vendor suggests either remote desktop or purchasing another licence. The system only allows a set number of IPs to connect concurrently and I'm not trying to connect any more than I pay for.

Reply Children
No Data