This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

site-to-site VPN redundancy

Hello,
i'd like to refloat an old "issue" i've had that haven't managed to check the current v9 version support for it:
Site to site VPN with multiple uplinks.

for example: i have two sites A and B, each site has 2 separate ISPs(mix of fixed/dynamic IPs/NATted)
Tunnel must be up at all times regardless of which ISP fails, convergence time should be in seconds.

currently i have this setup with a couple of sonicwall appliances as they specifically support secondary remote gateway on the tunnel definition(you define the main one and a backup one) and has proven to work, but i find the platform itself quite crappy apart from that (it's counter intuitive and the "visibility" is quite poor).

So, does UTM support such scenario currently?.
or do i need to create 4 tunnels (A1-B1, A1-B2, A2-B1, A2-B2) and go?
and god knows what happens with traffic loops/routing/addressing in that scenario?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Mike, in the Home office, instead of relying on Uplink Balancing, use an Interface Group with the primary interface at the top.  You still need the Availability Group in the remote office.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Mike, in the Home office, instead of relying on Uplink Balancing, use an Interface Group with the primary interface at the top.  You still need the Availability Group in the remote office.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data