This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SSL VPN problems after upgrade to 9.100-16 (probable compression issue)

Hi

I am using UTM9. I have some SSL VPNs established from Mikrotik routers (the UTM9 is the server). This used to work perfectly.

Last night I upgraded to 9.100-16 and the SSL VPNs have stopped working.

The SSL live log is full of messages stating "Bad LZO decompression header byte: 69". Compression is OFF in UTM9 as the clients don't support it, this setting (and the settings on the client) are unchanged from pre-upgrade, when it all worked.

The clients connect fine, so the authentication is apparently working.

There is another error in the log, 
2013:05:18-11:14:46 steelblue openvpn[16411]: x.x.137.137:32830 WARNING: 'comp-lzo' is present in local config but missing in remote config, local='comp-lzo' 

Yet the checkbox for "use compression" in the GUI is firmly disabled.

Any help will be gratefully received!

Giles.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Aborman, first post after 4+ years? Welcome!

I don't know how to add the line to the client config files for Mikrotik.  For PC Remote Access or site-to-site with another ASG/UTM, install the new client configuration from the 9.100-16 box.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Aborman, first post after 4+ years? Welcome!

I don't know how to add the line to the client config files for Mikrotik.  For PC Remote Access or site-to-site with another ASG/UTM, install the new client configuration from the 9.100-16 box.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data