This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

L2TP/IPsec: pushing routing table down to a VPN client

Hi there,

Is there any way to push a routing table / routing rules down to a VPN client?

I need to send additional routing information about subnets not local to my VPN server to a L2TP/IPsec VPN client running in a split-tunnelling mode.

I'm running the latest version, currently v9.100-16.

Thank you for any help or advice.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Bob,

I'm sorry if my question was not clear, I'll try to explain it a little bit.

Let's have this example:

• VPN pool: 10.2.1.0/24
    • UTM external network: 1.2.3.0/24
    • UTM internal network: 192.168.1.0/24

In split-tunnelling mode, if the traffic destination is either within 10.2.1.0/24, or 1.2.3.0/24, or 192.168.1.0/24, it goes to the VPN tunnel. Everything else just goes to the client's default gateway (e.g. local home router, etc).

Let's say there's another subnet 192.168.5.0/24 which is one or two hops far from UTM, i.e. the subnet is not local to UTM. Let's say UTM knows how to get to that subnet, for example either via its default gateway, static routing, or OSPF.

What I want/need is to push the routing information about 192.168.5.0/24 down to a VPN client, so the VPN client knows that any traffic for 192.168.5.0/24 has to go through the VPN tunnel.

If I manually add routing information on the client side, everything works fine.

And it has to be L2TP/IPsec VPN. I know how to do that using SSL VPN, but the requirement is L2TP/IPsec.

Is it doable?
  • Hi Bob,

I'm sorry if my question was not clear, I'll try to explain it a little bit.

Let's have this example:

• VPN pool: 10.2.1.0/24
    • UTM external network: 1.2.3.0/24
    • UTM internal network: 192.168.1.0/24

In split-tunnelling mode, if the traffic destination is either within 10.2.1.0/24, or 1.2.3.0/24, or 192.168.1.0/24, it goes to the VPN tunnel. Everything else just goes to the client's default gateway (e.g. local home router, etc).

Let's say there's another subnet 192.168.5.0/24 which is one or two hops far from UTM, i.e. the subnet is not local to UTM. Let's say UTM knows how to get to that subnet, for example either via its default gateway, static routing, or OSPF.

What I want/need is to push the routing information about 192.168.5.0/24 down to a VPN client, so the VPN client knows that any traffic for 192.168.5.0/24 has to go through the VPN tunnel.

If I manually add routing information on the client side, everything works fine.

And it has to be L2TP/IPsec VPN. I know how to do that using SSL VPN, but the requirement is L2TP/IPsec.

Is it doable?
Children
No Data