This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSEC with Avaya 9600 VPN phone

I am trying to connect an AVAYA 9600 IP Phone via VPN to Astaro. The phone is not connected and it is giving my an error on IKE Phase 2. On the Astaro site I am getting the attached error log.

Do you have any idea what is causing the problem?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for 10.242.1.0/24===194.42.133.149:4500[194.42.133.149]...62.152.1.219:4500[VPNPHONE]===192.168.2.20/32
    With "via VPN" you mean Site-2-Site-VPN? 
    Assuming yes, can you please confirm, that you have configured
    10.242.1.0/24 as local network
    and 
    192.168.2.20/32 as remote network 
    in your Site-2-Site configuration on astaro with exactly this network and subnet mask properties.
    And that you have "VPNPHONE" configured as VPN-ID for the remote Gateway.
    Also 10.242.1.0/24 feels wrong for localnet behind your ASG because that is the default pptp network.

Kind regards,
    Matthias

Ps. If the above config is not what you intended to do, feel free to post a little schematics of what you want to achieve.
  • Thanks for your answer

The VPN is IP sec vpn. Essentially we are trying to use the Avaya phone as an IPsec client VPN so that the telephone can reach the telephone system located in the network behind the Astaro. We have followed a walk through by Avaya but it is outdated and we got stuck on the error message we initially posted.

I would appreciate it if you have any ideas.
  • Thanks for your answer

The VPN is IP sec vpn. Essentially we are trying to use the Avaya phone as an IPsec client VPN so that the telephone can reach the telephone system located in the network behind the Astaro. We have followed a walk through by Avaya but it is outdated and we got stuck on the error message we initially posted.

I would appreciate it if you have any ideas.
Children
No Data