This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSEC VPN - Do i need to add a route?

Hey Guys,

Sorry for my Newbism.

I have setup an IPSEC VPN between an ASG (8.001) and a Billion 7404VGO. The tunnel is up but I can't seem to route any traffic between the two networks.

Do I need to manually add some routes to both the ASG & Billion? I thought that as long as the tunnel came up the routing would be automatic? I cant ping any remote addresses from the ASG itself.

If anyone has advice I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Astaro will take care of the routing automatically, but I'm not sure about the Billion.

Did you add packetfilter rules to Astaro, or use the 'auto packetfilter rule' on the VPN?

Also note that PINGs are normally allowed by checking the ICMP settings tab next to the PacketFilter page.

Barry
  • Hi, Astaro will take care of the routing automatically, but I'm not sure about the Billion.

Did you add packetfilter rules to Astaro, or use the 'auto packetfilter rule' on the VPN?

Also note that PINGs are normally allowed by checking the ICMP settings tab next to the PacketFilter page.

Barry
Children
  • Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the 'auto packetfilter rule' on the VPN and enabled ICMP on and through the firewall.

Watching the packet filter log I notice that when ever I try to access the remote network the packetfilter is dropping the packets destined via port 51.

Default DROP  51 203.***.***.***  → 124.***.***.***  

Any ideas?

• If I try to ping or access the remote network the PF drops the packets