This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cisco VPN Disconnects after an hour

Following the manual for setting up the Cisco VPN client for a remote VPN to the Astaro gateway, I've got my VPN up and working.  However, each time I connect to the VPN my connection will only stay active for an hour.  After and hour it disconnects.  I am running version 4.9.01.0280 of the cisco vpn client on OS X 10.6.7 and ASG v8.102.

I cannot figure out why it is auto disconnecting me on a regular (very) basis.  Anyone seen this before?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • IPsec SA expired

Is there an "inactivity timeout" setting in the Cisco client?  What happens if you turn off 'Dead peer detection' on the 'Advanced' tab?  An hour probably corresponds with the 'IPsec SA lifetime' for the policy you're using; if you change that, does the timeout change with it?  I wish I knew more about this stuff!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • IPsec SA expired

Is there an "inactivity timeout" setting in the Cisco client?  What happens if you turn off 'Dead peer detection' on the 'Advanced' tab?  An hour probably corresponds with the 'IPsec SA lifetime' for the policy you're using; if you change that, does the timeout change with it?  I wish I knew more about this stuff!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data