This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSec VPN with SonicWALL - Redirecting traffic over VPN

Hello all!

In my company we are implementing a large project to centralize all web filtering and navigation of the branche's through the Astaro Security Gateway. The software is located in a data center in a VMware virtual server infrastructure. In the branche's we have a SonicWALL TZ-100 closing a VPN with Astaro. So far so good. I can ping each other interfaces and machines behind SonicWALL. But (there is always a but) the project's goal is to make all traffic from the SonicWALL (branches) is sent through the vpn tunnel and carried over the local link the data center. According to the SonicWALL technicians, it is possible using the option called Tunnel Interface in the SonicWALL VPN configuration , which makes is possible to route traffic through the VPN. The problem is that with this mode enabled I can't find a way to configure Astaro to close the VPN. Is there any specific configuration for closing the tunnel with this option in SonicWALL?

Thank's in advance!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • could you do a tcpdump on the console just to see what is going on on the wire [[;)]] and a dump on the sonicwall. You don't use the proxy? If so, have you checked the masquerading rules? I think you should SNAT or masquerade (make firewall rules also) all packets from the remote LAN to the IP of the ASG.  I think it could be a routing problem [[;)]]

Regards

Achim
  • could you do a tcpdump on the console just to see what is going on on the wire [[;)]] and a dump on the sonicwall. You don't use the proxy? If so, have you checked the masquerading rules? I think you should SNAT or masquerade (make firewall rules also) all packets from the remote LAN to the IP of the ASG.  I think it could be a routing problem [[;)]]

Regards

Achim
Children
  • saur,

I will do that and post the result's later. I've one masquerading rule (Any > WAN) and one SNAT rule (SonicWALL Network > Any > Any | WAN (Address)). Like I said before, in the firewall I have a Any-to-Any/Allow rule, so I don't think the problem is there. I will run some test's and see what I get. I post the result's as soon as I finish.

Thank's for the blazing fast reply! [:D]